Hey hey heyyyyy
I recently got nominated by my friend Todd at https://toddsmidt.wordpress.com/2015/07/20/liebster-award/ for the Liebster Award. I will be honest, I haven’t had a chance to participate in the nominations because I got really busy so I apologize to everyone who has nominated me without receiving a response. Today I have put aside my lunch to participate! I particularly like this nomination because I feel like it’s a fun and interesting way to tell a little about myself and ask my fellow bloggers a little about them. Since I’m an odd ball I’ll probably be asking some strange questions people normally wouldn’t hahaha but I’ll think of them as I go! Todd, thanks for the nomination! Check out his latest post with his answers to get to know him a little more 🙂
The questions for me were…
1. What or who is the greatest love of your life?
Simple. Traveling. I can honestly say nothing and no one makes me happier than seeing and exploring this beautiful world we live in! I guess that will change once I find “the one” but right now, at this very moment it is traveling. I couldn’t ever even be with someone who had no passion to explore with me.
2. Who are your favorite writers?This sounds cheesy, but I will be honest and say other bloggers. I know people expect an answer like Hemingway or Shakespeare because they are famous for beautiful writing but I would much rather read from people who share personal experiences or passions through their blogs. There’s something so exciting about reading a post from someone just doing it as a hobby like myself.
3. What interest haven’t you pursued, but have always wanted to and what draws you to it?
I have so many interests. I honestly adapt to so many different things. I think a big part of me has always wanted to be an event planner. I mean, I have thrown events (baby showers and what not) but I think that’s something I would not only love doing but be pretty good at. I love helping other people and I have a genuinely good feeling when other people feel good about an event that is thrown for them.
4. What’s your favorite travel destination? (been to and want to go)
I love Europe, there’s no doubt but if I’m going to go with the first place that came to my mind… California. I love California. I love everything about it. The weather, the people, the views, the food, the glamour but also the very laid back lifestyle. Everyone in California just seems happy. They stroll around coffee shops and beaches taking in how beautiful their surroundings are. I know you’ve heard it before but there’s just something in the air over there! I guess for places I want to go, right now the three I have my heart set on are south of France, Thailand and Cape Town in South Africa. What a sight that would be! I still don’t think anywhere in the world will have me stray from beautiful California though ☺️
5. Which talent would you most like to have?
My talent of choice without a doubt it would be to sing! I wish that I had a good singing voice. When I hear people singing beautifully I get the happiest feeling in my heart. Goosebumps. I hope that everyone who has that talent shares it because in my opinion it is the most beautiful one of all.
6. What is your most treasured possession?
My passport!!! Hahaha I guess that doesn’t come as a surprise since traveling is all I really talk about but my passport is for keeps. I love all the stamps and the freedom that comes with it. I mean, this tiny little paper book gives me access to this whole world. Isn’t that crazy? Something that cost only $100 is hands down my most treasured possession of all time. Nothing compares. Ever.
7. What thought or message would you want to put in a fortune cookie?
It’s a famous quote I’ve read many times that goes a little something like this…
“Everything is okay in the end, if it’s not okay… It’s not the end”
I would choose this because I think it relates to every single one of us. Sometimes we get silly messages that we try to make sense of but this one is comforting for everyone living this exciting yet confusing life we sometimes lead haha. There’s no way that wouldn’t put someone at ease and a beautiful smile on their face.
8. Who is your hero of fiction?
Does Kim Kardashian count? Hahaha I’m kidding. Kind of? I don’t even know. I can’t think of anyone. Sorry guys, I suck. But no really, it isn’t Kim. Don’t judge me…
9. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
To always feel loved. It sounds like a typical answer but it’s simple. To never feel alone, to always have someone to call. To cry to, to cry with, to have a feeling of home in other people. To me that is happiness. When I feel down and I just sit with someone I feel at home with, I honestly feel happy. I feel content and comfortable. That’s it, that’s all…that’s happiness.
10. What is your motto?
Let go and let God.
I choose this because I believe. Always put trust that a higher purpose will take care of you.
The rules of the award are pretty simple:
One- Thank the nominator
Two- Display award in post
Three- Nominate 10 other bloggers
Four- Answer the 10 questions
Here are my 10 questions for the nominees to answer. I apologize that they aren’t very deep but these are questions I am genuinely interested in getting an answer for haha.
1. What is your happiest memory?
2. What makes your world go round?
3. If you were stuck on an island, what any 3 items would you wish to have with you and why?
4. Oprah or Ellen? Just pick guys, I need answers hahaha
5. Do you live to eat or eat to live? Some people plan their day around food (me) while others only eat because they have to (some of my friends…I envy them)
6. What culture (language, religion, cuisine, social habits, music and arts) intrigues you the most?
7. Who is your real life hero?
8. What are 3 things on your bucket list?
9. If you could pick one word to describe yourself… What would it be and why?
10. What made you decide to blog?
I hope my questions are ones you want to answer with pleasure! I’m not sure if my links will work since I don’t really know how to do it (even though I’ve been blogging for a year + lol)
Please let me know if you are able to participate so I can check out your posts!